Power Level 10
Cause Injury (Perception Damage 7 vs. Fort), Cosmic Blast +8 (Ranged Damage 9), Cosmic Burst (Ranged Area Damage 6), Eye Beams +12 (Ranged Damage 8), Unarmed +11 (Damage 9)
Parry 11, Dodge 9, Fort 9, Will 9, Toughness 9
Athletics 0 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+11), Deception 6 (+8) [Redirect, Taunt], Expertise: Civics 6 (+9), Expertise: Cosmic Lore 7 (+10), Expertise: History 5 (+8), Insight 0 (+9), Interview 8 (+10), Intimidation 0 (+2), Investigation: 6 (+9/+14) [Focus], Perception 0 (+9), Performance 0 (+2), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 0 (+2), Technology 2 (+5), Treatment 6 (+9).
Beginner’s Luck, Benefit 2 (Independently Wealthy), Focus (Clue Analysis), Improved Defense, Interpose, Languages 2 (English, German, Greek, Latin, Russian), Leadership, Redirect, Takedown (Close), Taunt, Uncanny Dodge
- Cosmic Blasts:
Ranged Force Damage 9 (Diminished Range 2 45’/90’/225’) • 16 points
- Cosmic Burst:
- Ranged Burst Area Damage 6 (Diminished Range 2 30’/60’/150’) • 1 point
- AE Eye Beams:
- Ranged Heat Damage 8 (Accurate +4; Diminished Range 2 40’/80’/200’) • 1 point
- Features 3 (Diehard, Legendary*, Uni-Mind†), Immortality 5 (1 day), Immunity 12 (Aging, Lasting injury, Life Support) • 25 points
- Gravity Control:
- Flight 8 (500 mph) • 16 points
- Matter Manipulation:
Perception Continuous Transform 4 (800 lbs., Solids into other solids, Precise) • 29 points
- AE Healing:
- Perception Restorative Healing 7 (Distracting, Stabilize) • 1 point
- AE Cause Injury:
- Perception Damage 7 (vs. Fortitude) • 1 point
- AE Telekinesis:
- Perception Move Object 9 (12 tons; Precise) • 1 point
- AE Thane’s Plague:
- Perception Contagious Progressive Affliction 5 (Fort; Impaired, Disabled, Dying; DC 10 Treatment Check required) • 1 point
- Psychic Shields:
- Enhanced Defense 4 (Will), Impervious Will 2, Limited to Mental Powers, Sustained • 4 points
- Comprehend Languages 3 (Speak, Read, Understand, Communication-Dependent), Mental Communication 2 (Short range, Rapid 2), Senses 6 (Acute Ranged Radius Detect Minds & Emotions) • 13 points
Cumulative Perception Affliction 4 (Will; Entranced, Stunned, Controlled; Communication-Dependent, Limited as Entranced, Subtle) • 9 points
- AE Mind Scan:
- Mind Reading 4 • 1 point
* Eternals in their own person are hard for humans to remember. Apply a −5 circumstance modifier to remember that an Eternal, or the Eternals, exist, unless you are currently interacting with them, the Deviants, or the Celestials.
† Eternals can contribute to forming a Uni-Mind
Abilities + Powers + Advantages + Skills + Defenses = Total points
- Motivation – Responsibility:
- Thane feels obligated to atone for the sins of his father.
- Enemy – Thanos:
- Thane actually hasn’t seen his father since childhood, but would feel obligated to oppose him in any way he could.
- Thane disdains modernity, but can deal with it when required.
- With Bellek and Hakim, his foster parents, and his son Lucian.
Thane and Lucian were the twin sons of Thanos by an Earth woman. During Thanos’ attack on Titan 50,000 years ago, the children came into the care of Bellek and Hakim, the last surviving Sons of Lucifer, and were raised by them. After the war was over, Hakim brought them back to Earth, where Zuras offered them the choice of being Eternal or human. Lucian chose to live as a mortal, while Thane embraced his Eternal heritage.
Thane has become a highly respected member of Eternal society, for his wisdom, his self-restraint, and his devotion to caring for all life. He has split his time between Earth and Titan, going to Titan when he has lived too long as a human to pass.
Thane is currently a forensic pathologist in the New York City medical examiner’s office. He lives with his 70-year-old human son, named for his brother, above the antique store Lucian operates.
Powers & Abilities
Thane has the abilities typical of Eternals. He is particularly skilled at working with living organisms; he can heal the sick or injured my restructuring their molecules into a healthy form. He is also able to cause injury in the same way, and, though loathe to use his powers to harm, he once unleashed a plague on a Deviant army that they remember still.
In addition to his powers, Thane is highly perceptive and possesses a keen deductive mind. His scholarship isn’t confined to medicine; he’s expert in history, sociology, and cosmic events.